- About Me and My Blog
- Charcoal Dawn
- Happy April!
- Feeling Stronger Every Day
- Quick Poem
- Only Three Days Left!
- Isn't She Beautiful?
- Happy Monday
- Faux Pas
- Nature Journal
- Debbie Goes to Court
- More Rhymes
- My Heart Is Burning...
- I Miss You, Mom - and I'm Sorry
- A New Addition To Our Family
- NaPoWriMo #26
- It Is Now Twilight of a Very Happy Day!
- Happy Birthday, Mom!
- A Poem from Guest Poet
- The Mopsy
Today is a holiday in the U.S. that promotes thankfulness.
I wish giving thanks were on the forefront in other parts of the year too.
The holiday is known for feasting (and usually overeating).
Personally, I sort of gag on turkey and prefer other meats (if at all).
Back to the subject of giving thanks – here is my list of the past year (in chronological order):
1. After dating a couple of years, my former husband and I decided we should marry again (see my countdown in the right margin). It’s so much different, and better, this time around. We wonder if it’s because of the difficult things we have had to go through the last five years that made us appreciate each other once again.
2. I was in my first photo shoot in February; I saw my picture on a billboard on the way to work every day for 2 weeks in April.
3. I found my new favorite author – Ken Barr of http://theroadcrew.wordpress.com - and I asked him if he blogged and if so, where. He said “WordPress”, and I was immediately hooked into this wonderful community we call WordPress.
3a. Having three different blogs has really been a blessing in my life. I have hit my writing stride and feel so artistically complete (and dreaming of and working on other projects too). Thank You, God!
4. Last April Fool’s Day I marked my 23rd year of work at the same company. They have treated me very well. I also have them to thank for my cancer care and recovery!
5. At my job I have been learning many new tasks. It is an exciting time there for me.
6. I am thankful for all the incredible blogs I have been reading and for all the friends I’ve made through them. So, in other words, you are my #6.
7. My first follower on this blog, my first blog, is a phenomenal person. (You know who you are) His support and enthusiasm is a constant.
8. I live in the U.S., which has its problems of course, but I love it here.
9. I serve a God who loves me and wants the best for me.
10. Last but not least, I am so glad I have life in my body, that I am here to write to you. It’s an amazing journey!
Thank You, God,
and thank you, friends,
This entry was posted in breast cancer, cancer patient, cooking, dealing with cancer, education, entertainment, family, feeling good, Friendship, health, life, love, music, nature, photography, poetry, Postaday, prayer, reading, relationships, relaxation, spirituality, writing and tagged April Fool's Day, blessings, Blog, Facebook, friends, giving thanks, God, Holidays, life, meats, overeating, Postaday, Thanksgiving, Turkey, WordPress. Bookmark the permalink.