Today is my wedding day – the wedding will take place at 12:00 noon Central Standard Time.
I would like to take this opportunity to recognize five special men in my life and what they have contributed to my life or are contributing to it this very day.
I’d like you to meet:
* Ken Barr. Ken is an author friend of mine who can be found at http://theroadcrew.wordpress.com, and he is also my mentor. On top of that, besides being an awesome poet, he gave me permission to use one of his poems in my wedding. Unfortunately, the pastor’s wife (and her husband agreed) that they needed to be my words and from my heart. So, Ken, I will continue to thoroughly enjoy the poems you publish in your books and on your blog. I also cherish your friendship. Thanks for everything!
* Jim Laux. I’ve known Jim for many years, and he has been a mentor of sorts as well, and my “muse”. I call him my frother, because he is a good friend that is just like a brother, since I always wanted a brother and never got one… Jim’s favorite number is 12, and he has waited for 12/12/12 to come for a long time now, way before Dave and I chose it as our wedding date. This one’s for you, Jim! 🙂 And thanks for taking a vacation day from work in order to come to the wedding.
* Richard H. Loesel. He is my dear father who died in 1991. I am definitely “Richard’s girl” because my looks are just like his, AND so is my humor! Now this man was a STORYTELLER. Every time we heard a familiar story (yet again!) from him, just a tiny part would be changed. We never knew what was coming next in the story, and it kept us interested! 🙂 My dream life (strange dreams, in color, that play like movies in my head) also mimics his. He always loved Dave, and I think he would be glad to know that we are reconciled and heading to the altar again. Dad: I miss you so much and am sorry that you can’t be at this wedding. But your spirit lives on, and we will always remember what you said at our first wedding: “Keep Jesus First, and you will go far.” I have found that to be good advice. Love you, Dad!
* Tom Lucas. Tom is another author friend of mine who has encouraged me in this wonderful world of writing and was my first follower on my first blog, Sunshine Factor. You can find him at http://readtomlucas.com, and his book is launching on 12/12/12 too! In fact, if you live in the Orlando, FL area, I believe that is when his book signing will be – so look it up. 🙂 Keep on rocking, Tom! 🙂
* David Stanton. He is “the man of the day”, my groom and best friend. I have known him since 1985 and have had the privilege of watching this man grow and change and become just an awesome, wonderful man. The fact that I can marry him again today is one of the hugest blessings of my whole life. I love you, Honey!
Now I’d like to hear about the special men in your life – please comment.