My immune system is very low, probably because of late-onset cancer survivor side effects. That’s what would explain my many bouts with illness this past winter; usually years go by without my getting even a cold.
I figure there are ways I can enhance my immune system, which coincides with the change to my eating patterns that I have already been working on. I will list the various aspects of what my life is like now – not that it’s earth-shattering news, but it will serve as a reminder to me. Somehow, if it’s out there for you all to see, it makes it more real.
- The juice of one lemon in hot water, drunk when I get up in the morning, before eating or drinking anything else. It is said to help with digestion and rebalancing your insides, and I’m sure the Vitamin C won’t hurt either. If it’s a typical lemon from the grocery store, I get the juice from only half of it and save the rest for the next morning. However, lately in the story I have found Tropicana sells bags of small lemons, so I have one of those per day.
- Speaking of lemon juice, I am willfully surrendering lemonade, one of my favorite drinks. Forget the added sugar — I will be satisfied with water.
- My dietician is delighted that I am digging (loving) vegetables and fruits – the more variety and colors on one plate, the better. They are helping me to feel better and not so tired. Long Live Vitamins! 🙂
- Speaking of vitamins, I want to get into a regular routine again for taking them. It’s amazing how little time this takes, but I sometimes don’t take vitamins or other supplements simply because I want to get going and out of the house for work.
- My daily walk of 30 minutes. I want to do this in the morning before my shower, then any dancing around the house or walking at work I do will be a bonus.
- For sure, taking a little time each day for spiritual reflection will be a good practice. (So would listening to soft music when I come home from work each day be helpful, but one thing at a time. 🙂 )
Do you know of any other healthy practices that would help me?