As you might have guessed, writing is my favorite method of communication. In writing this blog, I don’t usually try to get my writing “just right” or worry about meter or rules. It is fun to be spontaneous, and that is what I am today.
For my walk this morning I walked on the bridge over the pond or marsh. Up ahead, at the far end I saw of pair of Canadian geese. I could see little flashes of yellow near one of them, and sure enough, it was the mama goose.
I didn’t want to turn around so decided to see if I could persuade the geese to stay right where they were. I couldn’t walk to the side of them because then I would be in the water. Maybe if I walked slowly and spoke softly to them, I could coax them to stay. Well, that didn’t work. First mama goose stood up, and four little, bright yellow goslings tumbled out of her protective wing cover. She jumped into the pond, and surprisingly for how young they are, the goslings did too. (I was glad that their first venture into water would not be a panic-filled one.) Papa goose brought up the rear, jumped in the water, and gave me one sidelong hiss.
I know there are mallards in the area, and I love them, too. I especially get a kick out of the mallard’s perfect little curl at the end of their tail feathers.
Speaking of curls, I didn’t have to do my hair today. The rain did that for me. When I got home from my walk, I just had to scrunch my damp hair, and voila, it was done for the day. I’m really digging this short hair! 🙂
I’m also appreciating my little pink hoodie that I wear on my walks on these chilly spring mornings. It is soft and cozy on the inside and displays the breast cancer awareness symbol and sayings on the outside. I have a penchant for things that are comfortable and make me happy on the inside and outside!
Another comfortable aspect of this morning was the fact that I don’t have to go in to work till later this morning, so I am getting some writing and housework done.
Here’s wishing you a comfy day and a happy spirit.
- Canadian Geese and Goslings (circadianreflections.wordpress.com)
- My Morning Constitutional (sunshinefactor.wordpress.com)
- Canada goose nests on Wisconsin Ave. bridge, just like Gertie (jsonline.com)
- New little goose (michaelqpowell.wordpress.com)
- Mom and Baby Goslings (franzsfeaturedfotos.com)
- The Mopsy (sunshinefactor.wordpress.com)
- Goose and the Gull (thelifeofphotos.com)
- Lady ducks, take notice (of the Mallard) (michpics.wordpress.com)
- Canada Geese Spread Their Fowl Ways (blurtblog.net)
- Mallard at takeoff (incertain2.wordpress.com)