Lately while cleaning out my furnace room full of holiday decorations, I happened upon a cardboard banker’s box. With glee I discovered the box was filled with books from Dave’s childhood and also his mother’s. I had always planned to go through the box sometime, but somehow the books were just pushed to the far rear shelf…until today!
Yay! Here is Dr. Seuss! Sometimes my poems resemble his, though I never had a Dr. Seuss book of my own…here are some classics…even some short novels. They have found a place in my bookcase in the family room. These will never be given away or sold – they are too precious.
Books from my childhood are in the guest bedroom on shelves. Then, there are my friend Patti’s story books from her children. I am thinking they will go in the bookcase in my office upstairs…
I have two bookcases, and of course they are all gleaned down to only the ones that are important to me, but the cases are still full. (I even have one shelf as the “to be read” shelf.) I have a plan that states I will give away each book as I read it, so as to not to need three bookcases! Lately, I haven’t been reading books, not even magazines, but only posts from my dear friends and artists on WordPress. Perhaps, though, I can formulate a plan for my summer like last summer: back then I read one Nancy Drew book a week until my set was all read, then I sold them. But you know how summer goes…always lots of plans and determinations, but life gets very busy, and plans (at least mine) go awry. But, so what that I am working fulltime and have two blogs and am exercising again and want to add tennis to the mix…I’ll have to try real hard to follow up on the reading books part! But what a nice thing to shoot for! 🙂
As you can tell, books have always been very important to me. They are like dear friends who comfort you on a lonely day or night, travel bureaus that can take you to places far away, and smile-bringers and relaxation managers who want you only to relax. Yes, my home is not lacking for books. For this reason, my house is my home, and it is never empty.
- What Dr. Seuss Was Really Thinking (wholesalehalloweencostumes.com)
- Life Lessons from Dr. Seuss (creatingblueoceans.com)
- Hey Dr. Seuss Fans – Read Across America is Coming Soon (wholesalecostumeclub.com)
- Book It: Creative Bookcases For Your Literary Loves (modcloth.com)
- A New Chapter for a Bibliophile (shesthetravelingtype.com)
- Download pdf Oh, the Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss ebook online (vasyavasyaboy2013m.wordpress.com)
- Hello! (themagicalbookcase.wordpress.com)
- A Couple of the Oldest Book in My Bookcase (despatchesfromtimbuktu.wordpress.com)
- Before The Cat in the Hat, Dr. Seuss Was An Ad Man (business-opportunities.biz)
- Dr. Seuss (rachelkramer1.wordpress.com)