I’ve been finding that the more I have my blog, interact with people online, and play brain games on Lumosity, the more I’m inclined to delay my breakfast in the morning. As you may have heard, breakfast is the most important meal of the day for your body; it needs to be refueled after a night of sleeping and no eating. (Hence, this meal is called “break[the]fast.”)
I have been a breakfast person all my life, and a morning person for about 20 years now. That is the first thing I used to do in the morning, is grab some nutrition and then get ready for the day. Now, however, I get on the computer, even on days that I go to my job. (On the days that I don’t go to work, look out – I can be at my computer literally for hours and have a very late breakfast!) I’m so excited, I can’t wait to create (write) and read and see what’s new (and of course, play my Lumosity games.)
For those of you watching your weight, studies have shown that if you eat breakfast within half hour of rising, your body will perform for you. But wait any longer than that, and your body starts holding onto its fat (it thinks you are in starvation mode and will not burn calories as efficiently). In fact, any skipped meal is treated by your body as a threat to your existence.
In my recovery program, I don’t skip meals anymore. I definitely don’t skip breakfast, and today, believe it or not, I had breakfast before getting on the computer. I wrote this post first thing, and now I will see if my Lumosity scores are higher than usual. I have a good feeling that they will be.
- Skip A Meal? Get Skinnier? I Dont Think So. (margeauxkrieger.com)
- Boost Your Metabolism With Mini-Meals (everydayhealth.com)
- Lumosity – Fun! (sunshinefactor.wordpress.com)
- Why Breakfast Is Key to Weight Loss (everydayhealth.com)
- Can Eating Too Few Calories Stall Your Metabolism? (everydayhealth.com)
- #best App for Ios :lumosity (pcanant.wordpress.com)
- Why Lumosity isn’t a Lie (megaaaaannnnnn.wordpress.com)
- The importance of breakfast (sarahwestnutrition.co.uk)
- 10 Healthy Breakfast Ideas (everydayhealth.com)
- Good Reasons to Break your Fast……. (lentilsandlunges.wordpress.com)