As writers, we all have ups and downs, flow and no flow, and metaphoric high tides and low tides. At the beginning of my blogging days, I couldn’t imagine ever having writer’s block. After all, I thought, I have been instructed how NOT to have writer’s block. And, I go for a walk and usually get three to four ideas for more posts. How hard can it be to keep the writing going? But, as it turned out, I was not immune to writer’s block — the time when creativity seems to have gone on vacation, the muse up and leaves, and you’re the opposite of a prolific genius.
Granted, I haven’t had a lot of writer’s block. I did quick cover-ups — anything to keep to my internal deadline of posting once each day. You probably have read the cover-ups: the story that was filled with references to popular songs; alphabet games; anything unusual. At least I came up with something, I thought to myself.
You might have noticed that I don’t post on a daily schedule anymore. It was like pulling teeth when I first left the daily goal unmet. Then I began to admire the many writers who stated they had writer’s block; by golly, they admitted it! When things started to change in my personal life (lots of overtime at work, combining two households into one, creating a new vehicle for my writing), I finally waved the surrender flag. I knew God would understand. Perhaps the idea of writing every single day had been the way to get me back into writing, period. Now the new vehicle for my writing was giving me impetus to continue being a writer, albeit one for a different kind of blog.
Next up: What was the reason behind the new website?
- 4 More Ways to Overcome Writer’s Block as a Blogger (blogelina.com)
- Writer’s Block (right2write218.wordpress.com)
- Writer’s block (weeklyblogclub.wordpress.com)
- A Surefire Cure for Writer’s Block (getresponse.com)
- Writer’s Block (arconailiterature.com)
- My Comeback (maverickbeing.wordpress.com)
- 3 Great Ways to Get Over Writer’s Block as a Blogger (blogelina.com)
- This so-called writer’s block. (newswritingfundamentals.wordpress.com)
- Writer’s Block (jesskiley.wordpress.com)